Safety Excellence StrategiesStrategies designed to drive safety excellence and reduce human error throughout the organization through a structured methodology with milestones and timelines for achievement.
- Conducting organisational safety audits and safety culture surveys to determine the organisation’s current safety performance.
- Building the future state of where the organisation can realistically envision itself within the next 3-5 years. This is based on the safety maturity cycle, which moves from a reactive stage to a proactive stage.
Safety Maturity Cycle
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of action plans designed to improve the level of organizational safety using key performance indicators to monitor and measure performance. This may take the form of specific training and development for key staff, review of or introduction of new procedures and processes such as Hazard Identification Risk Assessment and engineering or design changes to eliminate the hazard.
Development of Safety ManualsWriting safety management manuals, procedures and forms in accordance with ISO 9001 (Quality), 14001 (Environmental), OHSAS 18001(Health & Safety) and the ISM code for marine companies. Involves development of policy, procedure and guiding the client through the certification process. This process also guides the client on the selection and implementation of marine software in order to create efficiencies with the creation, review, approval and distribution of documents and records from ship to shore. Many of these manuals or plans are mandatory by regulatory requirements and include:
- HSEQ Management Manuals
- Shipboard Operations and Technical Manuals
- Emergency Response Manuals
- Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plans
- Waste Management Plans
- Shipboard Marine Pollution Emergency Plans
- Ship Security Plans
Providing Vessel / Project specific Plans such as
- Vessel Risk Assessment (Project specific & generic)
- Project Specific HSE or Vessel Management Plans
- Anchor Handling Manuals
- Towing and Emergency towing plans
- Ballast Management Plans
- Lifting Operations Manuals
Behavior-Based SafetyBehaviour-Based safety or Behavioural Safety is the use of behavioural psychology to promote safety at work. It works by:
- Identifying behaviour that causes injury.
- Identifying behaviour which reduces and stops injury
- Reducing the risk of injury
- Collects data on the frequency and consistency of those behaviours
- Ensures feedback and reinforcement to support those positive behaviours
- Highlight and reinforce positive behaviours.
- Change negative behaviours using constructive reinforcement and training.
- Increase positive work behaviours and create safe working habits to improve safety culture.
- Developing leadership at the supervisory level and frontline employees by empowering them and making them accountable.
Maritime Leadership DevelopmentThere has been an increasing global emphasis on the importance of leadership in organisations as it leads to increased profitability and customer satisfaction. The objectives of the program are:
- To build high performance and efficient teams both onboard the ships and ashore in offices.
- To understand, manage and solve conflicts whenever they arise.
- To improve decision making, trust, collaboration and cooperation amongst teams.
- To develop employee potential, motivation and ability to be creative and innovative.
- To use existing and proven leadership models such as those developed by Proctor and Gamble
- Workshops, seminars and performance development plans.
- One-on-one coaching with senior executives and managers of the firm.
Maritime Resource ManagementThe global shipping industry is a risky place. Every day, it loses two ships, pays out US$4 million in claims and radically changes the lives of hundreds of people forever. Human error is the source of virtually all such loss. It is also the reason why the loss is not greater. Analysis of shipping disasters in recent years has produced an increasing awareness of the central importance of the human element. The loss of life, the impact on company profits and credibility, and the vast environmental damage that can result from the loss of a vessel remain clear and present dangers. Triand Maritime aims to reduce the impact of human error by the use of targeted programs in:
- Safety Leadership, Teamwork and Culture
- Prevention of major maritime hazards such as collisions, groundings, explosions.
Maritime Environmental ProgramsDeveloping an Environmental program that will be applicable to ship-owners, ports, shipyards other maritime companies. The program will be focusing on a specific criteria and detailed framework that will help maritime companies go beyond compliance of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Legislation and (MARPOL) Convention i.e. International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships. The aim is to exceed compliance standards and achieve environmental excellence. Annual Self-evaluation and audits will ensure companies maintain their standards while reducing their environmental footprint. Maritime companies can benefit from this program by, advancing environmental excellence and continuous improvement, less environmental incidents that also portrays a better company image and acceptance/ access to operate in regulated areas giving a competitive advantage.
3D Animated Video DemonstrationsWe provide online training modules in the form of 3D Animated Video Demonstrations. These demonstrations are intended to simulate real life environments thereby facilitating learning and development of seafarers and shore staff. TriAnd’s 3D Animated Video Demonstrations cover areas such as:
- Prevention of Human Error
- Hand Safety Awareness
- Prevention of slips, trips and falls
- Ship Security (ISPS)
- ISM code familiarization
- Environmental Awareness
A significant advantage of animation is the ability to demonstrate and simulate accidents or incidents without actually placing people at risk during a live demonstration. Secondly, with crews of varying nationalities, we encounter many language barriers in the industry. Animated videos eliminates the use of any language and demonstrates the correct action after the simulated accident. These videos are effective for any language speaker and eliminates the need for costly subtitling into multiple languages. Animated videos make use of the natural human preference to learn by visual means rather than by reading. In addition we tailor the animated video series based on our client needs, this way we are able to address key topics or problem areas that clients experience on a daily basis and create the corresponding scenarios and simulated environments in order to maximise learning.
Cost Efficiency and Optimisation ProgramBusiness problem solving, engagement and empowerment of employees through an innovative process that bridges the gap between top management and frontline employees resulting in the development of leadership, increased teamwork, problem-solving, reduced costs and an action-oriented culture bringing efficiency in process and improvement in business results and profitability. Cost efficiency and optimisation brings:
- Reduced costs
- Retain high quality service
- Remove inefficient processes
- Increasing employee action and productivity
Accident & Incident InvestigationLeading investigation teams in identifying root causes of marine incidents, and suggesting corrective and preventive actions as solutions to reduce injury to personnel, environmental spills and damage to company and 3rd party property. Providing credible investigation reports in accordance with the highest professional standards and using known Accident Investigation Methodologies such as:
- Kelvin Top Set Investigator
- ABS Marine Investigation System
- Taproot root cause analysis